Liverpool History Shop
Almost all the old maps on this site can be bought as high quality prints, great for framing, and as a present!
There’s also the book – Liverpool: a landscape history, also available to buy from this website.
Some maps to help you dive into Liverpool’s history.
- Explore the suburbs and historic townships
- Search for the long-gone old streets of Liverpool where your ancestors lived
- Look up churches, parishes, listed buildings and more
Explore the local histories of the ‘townships’, as well as the centre of Liverpool itself.
All the parishes in the Liverpool area and slightly beyond, as they were in 1851. There are also some Anglican churches from the era.
You can see details about when they were built (and demolished) where that information is known.
All of Liverpool’s most important architecture, with a search tool to boot.
Data comes from Historic England, the government body responsible for protecting the Listed Buildings in England.
Historic Sites in Liverpool
This map shows some of the landmarks and places that I’ve written about on this site.
A portal deep into Liverpool history
As well as maps, there are articles about everything from the Calderstones to the 2021 film ‘Almost Liverpool 8’.
Explore other sites with similar interests.
- Liverpool Shipping: a short history, by George Chandler
- An aerial point of view: St John’s Beacon 360
- Parkgate, Wirral
- Hartley Huts, Albert Dock
- Wright’s Moat, Halewood
- Cobbles and cottages on Fisher Street
- Five postcards from Georgian Liverpool
- Film Review: Almost Liverpool 8, a portrait of Toxteth in the 21st century
- Liverpool Loses its World Heritage Status
- Most Notorious Pirates… and Highwaymen
- Liverpool University and its Institutional Landscape
- Liverpool Castle
Latest comments from the community
My family also lived at 40 Quarry Street and owned the Leek greengrocer’s shop as it was then.
I am trying to find Sue who worked in cosmetic beauty at Lewis ‘s In the 70s and 80s. My…
I am trying to find Sue who worked in cosmetic beauty at Lewis ‘s In the 70s and 80s. She…
Hi, I’ve found your comment when looking for 12 Trafalgar Street, liverpool which is the census address for my great…
Hi, do you happen to know when the poets’ streets were built, please? I know it’s pre-war. Thank you.
Get maps, share maps, fly!
All the content on this website is released under a Creative Commons license, which means you’re free to share them on social media, or as part of your own project.