The National Library of Scotland has scanned in a fantastic selection of old Ordnance Survey maps, and made them available for re-use on your own website. I’ve done just that on this page!
There are more detailed maps available, but these are only available with a paid subscription, and a rather expensive one at that. I might look into subscribing at some point, but for now please enjoy the above map, and let me know what you think!
Old maps from the National Library of Scotland
The maps which you can see above are made up from sheets from the following sets:
- 1:1 million, Great Britain, 1933
- Quarter-inch to the mile, Scotland, 1921-1923
- Quarter-inch to the mile, England and Wales, 1919-1921
- One-inch to the mile, Popular edition, Scotland, 1920-1930
- One-inch to the mile, New Popular edition, England and Wales, 1945-1947